[e-lang] help!

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Sun Mar 23 20:31:18 EDT 2008

On Mar 23, 2008, at 20:14, John Carlson wrote:

> Well the explorer works, but I and I brought up darpabrowser and it
> basically showed a blank page or threw exceptions when I went to
> google, but I've been unable to get any content up into the
> darpabrowser or capedit.  I was able to "install" the darpabrowser, as
> far as I could tell looking at capdesk.

After having installed CapEdit, you should be able to right-click on
any file and select Open With > CapEdit, or double-click on files
whose name ends in ".txt".

Also, I found I get an error apparently like yours if I double-click
on a file which has no extension or one for which there is no
associated caplet.

If that's the problem, then a 'sufficient' fix would be to put up an
error dialog (possibly including "Open With <popup>"?) for that case.