[e-lang] Fwd: Causeway viewer

Terry Stanley cocoonfx at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 23:46:30 EDT 2008

(This is 3 of 3.)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Terry Stanley <cocoonfx at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:25 AM
Subject: Causeway viewer
To: Tyler Close <tyler at waterken.net>, Mark Miller <erights at gmail.com>

Hi Tyler,

 I 'd like you to take a look at what I've got working in Causeway.

 I'm parsing the json format which includes the intra-turn anchors
 (from your 3/4 email). But, to get started, I'm handling only matching
 Sents and Gots (there's only 5).

 The display is just too simple to be interesting -- but gotta start somewhere.

 There's a process-order view (top-left pane) and an outline view
 (top-right). The lower panes are the basic stack view and source code
 views.

 So, what next.

 First of all, let me say again that working with your format really
 simplified my application. So much complex code is gone, it just
 melted away. I love that. I basically re-wrote Causeway and it is much
 simpler, a much better base to build on.

 What you and I need to do is get Causeway to the point where it is
 interesting and useful:

 1) We need a better example program, just to get oriented. I haven't
 looked at the multi-vat example that you sent me but if you think it's
 interesting, could you generate logs in the latest anchor format.

 2) I need to parse all events. Have you thought about how you would
 like to view the SentIf-Got-Resolved structures?

 3) There's more we can do to make the information more useful. I
 noticed your Comment event type. Also, prettier, more descriptive vat
 names. Stuff like that. Of course, the UI will improve
 little-by-little.

 More later...

 --
  --Terry