[e-lang] Another one for the surprise list: "?" after a continuation

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Tue Mar 25 20:40:26 EDT 2008

Spot the bug:

         for [uncaller, isTransparent] \
               ? ((def portrayal := uncaller.optUncall(specimen)) !=
null) \
             in uncallers {
         }

Under E-on-CL, this failed with "Undefined variable: portrayal".

I finally realized that the problem is that "?" at line start
introduces an updoc comment.

In E-on-Java, I get a syntax error at the end of the ? ... \ line.

MarkM, can you comment on what the proper behavior for the parser in
this case is? I'm not saying that it should parse as a such-that, but
should it be a comment or a parse error?