[e-lang] [Caja] Functional auditor for Cajita

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Tue Dec 8 20:29:44 PST 2009

Bill Frantz wrote:
> david-sarah at jacaranda.org (David-Sarah Hopwood) on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 wrote:
>
>> "copacetic" [*]

>> [*] Please, don't let this provisional term catch on :-) In practice
>>    we can probably get away with using "pure", or think of something
>>    better.
>
> Here you have coined a technical meaning for a term that is, as far as I
> know, new to computer science, and you want to change it?  :-)

Oh dear, I fear I may have opened a Pandora's box ...

# 1919  I. BACHELLER  /Man for Ages/ iv. 69 'As to looks I'd call him, as ye
# might say, real copasetic.' Mrs. Lukins expressed this opinion solemnly...
# Its last word stood for nothing more than an indefinite depth of meaning.
-- OED

<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Talk:copacetic>
<http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-cop1.htm>