[e-lang] Towards standardization

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:15:39 CST 2009

At

  http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=ses:ses_proposal_working_draft

is posted a very rough first draft for a "Secure ECMAScript" standard,
derived from the "Mountain View draft" of ES3.1
<http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=es3.1:es3.1_proposal_working_draft>
and from Cajita. I hope and believe that we can resolve differences
between this and other contenders for the Cajita-like layer: ADsafe,
Jacaranda, and Dojo Secure. (As for the Valija-like layer, both Valija
and MS WebSandbox intend to emulate at least ES3.1-strict, so there's
no need for a separate standard for that layer.)

Further discussion of SES specifically should proceed on the "caplet
group" list.