[e-lang] (Caja-CapTP) Re: Mutual introduction & a species of whale

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Mon Jul 6 10:15:25 EDT 2009

On Jul 1, 2009, at 20:10, Tyler Close wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Kevin Reid<kpreid at mac.com> wrote:
>> I am currently not using Tyler's JS ref_send because its interface to
>> JavaScript appears to be incompatible with the sort CapTP wants (with
>> regard to object types and distinctions and so on).
>
> I'm surprised by that. Can you give me more details?

The first thing I noticed (from the implementation of 'near') is that
any function is considered a promise. In a CapTP-style system, any
arbitrary unknown object should be treated as a Selfish object. I
could declare that 'functions are not objects', but that ...just
doesn't feel right, in this context.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>