[e-lang] Announcing E-on-Java 0.9.2a -- Waterken-compatible Causeway & many other improvements

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Tue May 12 21:49:56 EDT 2009

The new E-on-Java 0.9.2a release is available at
<http://erights.org/download/0-9-2/index.html>. It's been a long time!

As stated as <http://wiki.erights.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes092>, the
highlights of this release are

* Causeway now processes the language neutral trace file format[1]
defined by Tyler Close and generated from the Waterken server. Many
other functionality and usability improvements[2]. Thanks Terry
Stanley and Tyler Close.

* Switched from SWT v2135 to v3.3.1.1. E now works with SWT on Mac OS
X 10.5. Thanks Kevin Reid.

* Kevin's new Proxy[3] design is implemented; EProxyResolver is
deprecated in favor of it.

* The E parser has been updated to accept the new guard-based
auditing-friendly[4] E syntax, but guard-based auditing itself is not
yet implemented. Thanks Kevin Reid.

Other features, bug fixes, and other changes are listed on the release
notes page.

At <http://wiki.erights.org/wiki/Release_process_notes#Updating_the_web_site>
I captured the messy, overly manual process by which I now generate an
official E release. Hopefully, capturing the current process will help
us replace it by something reasonable.

[1] http://waterken.sourceforge.net/debug/
[2] http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2009/HPL-2009-78.html
[3] http://wiki.erights.org/wiki/Proxy