[e-lang] deJSONKit - serialization as JSON from E

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Mon May 18 10:40:15 EDT 2009

On May 18, 2009, at 10:20, Tyler Close wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Kevin Reid <kpreid at mac.com> wrote:
>>    Note that even in strict mode (the default), deJSONKit operates
>> on JSON /value/s, not JSON /object/s; it does not require that the
>> root of the subgraph be a JSON object (E map).
>
> You could stick to the requirement to output a JSON object, rather
> than a JSON value, by adopting the JSONvalue convention:
>
> http://waterken.sourceforge.net/web_send/#JSONvalue

I would rather not build an interpretation of the magic key "=" into
the recognizer; my intent with deJSONKit is to allow input/output of
*arbitrary* JSON (but, therefore, not arbitrary Data-E).

If I added support for your "=" I would also add "@", "!", and "$" and
produce a "represent arbitrary Data-E as Waterken-JSON" library --
this may in fact become part of my GSoC CapTP-on-Caja project this year.

(Hm, though you don't AFAIK have any syntax for cycles? You have "@",
and {"@": "#foo"} is well-defined, but there is no convention for
*defining* fragments of a JSON tree. Could you suggest one so I don't
have to?)