[e-lang] Joe-E

Steven R. Brandt sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Apr 28 12:47:45 PDT 2010

I'm trying to build a powerless container, PowerlessMap. I have gotten
to the point where I follow all the rules and everything compiles.

However, Joe-E says that I have to declare the key and value of the map
to be powerless, i.e.

public class PowerlessMap<K extends Powerless, V extends Powerless> { ... }

This means that I can't make a PowerlessMap<String,String> as String
does not extends Powerless. I can make a holder for String that
extends Powerless, and I can use that--but that's very clunky. What
should I be doing?

Cheers,
Steve